Saturday, August 24, 2013

Cheesy Potatoes

This is obviously not a dessert, but a favorite dish in our house and I've been making it for years, and I don't know why I never shared it on here before!


Philip's side of the family in Michigan make this for holidays and he LOVES it (and asked me to get the recipe).   Here it is:

Ingredients:

One 2 lb bag frozen hash browns partially thawed
1 pint sour cream
small  onion minced
3 cups of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
2 cans cream of potato soup (I actually prefer Cream of Chicken in this)
 
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together.  Put in lightly greased 9 X 13 pan and sprinkle top with grated parmesan cheese.  Cover with foil and bake 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees.  I usually take the foil off for the last 10 - 15 minutes to let it brown.

No comments: