Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Apple Galette

Apple Galette


I had never heard of a galette until a week or two ago, on a British food blog.   It looked delicious (and pretty easy) so I decided to bake one!   Hers was rhubarb, but you can use any fruit you want.  I chose apple just because I had some on hand. =)

I especially liked this because it's basically like pie, but you only have to make one crust, and there's no "fiddely work" making the edges all neat and making sure your top crust doesn't break during transition etc...


Here is the recipe I used: (from Country Living)

I didn't make the butterscotch sauce (since I didn't have any cream on hand), and instead, melted some leftover cream cheese frosting and drizzled it on top - which was quite delicious!
* I also brushed beaten egg on the crust before baking because I wanted it to get really golden.






Eat up!


No comments: