Sunday, June 16, 2013

Twice Baked, Egg-Filled Potatoes

 Filling holes in food with eggs seems to be all the rage now, squash, avocado.. and potatoes.  I think it's brilliant! =)



Directions:

Bake potatoes however you normally do.  I do them in the microwave just because it's quickest.   It takes about 4 minutes (flipped halfway through) to bake two medium sized potatoes.

Preheat oven to 400.

When cool (ideally), cut and scoop out the insides of the potato (making sure you don't break the "walls" of the potato).   Place on greased foil on a baking sheet.

Sprinkle in chopped bacon, cheese, chives - whatever you want.  (Not too much though, there's not a lot of room in there), and top with an egg.   * When I added the egg, I placed the potato in a bowl, so any extra egg white would flow over in there and I could discard it, instead of it making a mess on the baking sheet (this isn't a crucial step, I just wanted mine to be pretty).

 Ready to bake!

Place in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the eggs are set.   Top with additional cheese, bacon, sour cream, salsa, avocado, etc.
Enjoy!




1 comment:

The Woodfords said...

Ummm, all your food posts look really yummy!!! =) I would love to try the Quinoa salad one, although I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that would eat it (what a shame!!). When we get up to the US again, I'll have to get some marshmallow cream to try those gluten-free treats - they look delish!!
Love you,
Steph