Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

So... this has been a thing for a while. I actually first heard about it from Barb, when she and Carol visited last summer! I was intrigued, but it sounded really labor intensive, and seriously, how good could a crust be that's made from cauliflower?? =)

Well, I finally decided to try it.    It seemed like an adventure, and healthier than traditional pizza crust, so it was worth a go...

I used this recipe and highly recommend it!

There are a few steps, but all very easy and no special skills are required =)

Here is my baked crust, ready for toppings!

One cauliflower makes one medium sized crust and I split it in half to use separately (since I wasn't sure if anyone else in my house was going to like it).

The first one had red onion, red peppers, sausage, spinach and mozzarella

...and the second one I made for breakfast and had peppers, zucchini, onions, mushrooms and an egg baked on top!

I think this is pretty amazing stuff and I only wish it had been my idea.  The crust holds together surprisingly well and has a fairly mild flavor.   Caleb tried some of mine and loved it and Philip had a piece and gave it a thumbs up.   Next time I'll make enough for the whole family.

Try. It!

I have since tried making this into a square and cutting it into four pieces of "bread" to be used for sandwiches and it is the Bomb!!

 Fancy grilled cheese with spinach, tomato, avocado and pickled onions

...or you can use one of the squares to make a little pizza
(This one has zucchini, goat cheese, pickled onions, yellow peppers, and mozzarella

No comments: