Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Whole Wheat Crusty Bread

I am not a bread baker. I'm not one of those super moms who bakes all her own bread all the time. I was, however, in a rare, bread making mood and wanted to make something that was more healthy than what we get at the store.

This recipe used whole wheat flour, only has five ingredients, and didn't require any kneading, which really appealed to me.   I made a half recipe, which yielded two small round loaves about 6 inches across.   Instead of dusting mine with flour, I opted for an egg wash, to give them a nice golden crust.

Hot out of the oven

Mmmm...

This was a perfect, fun size for us.   We ate one at home (everyone Really liked it!) and I took one to house church (along with a spinach artichoke quinoa bake that I forgot to take pictures of, but will have to make again and post on here).

No comments: